Complete the sentences with the simple past tense of the verbs in parentheses.
- The boys whispered (whisper) secrets to each other.
- Uncle Ben hurried (hurry) to catch his bus.
- We returned (return) our books to the library.
- She kissed (kiss) the frog and it changed (change) into a prince.
- Someone taped (tap) me on the shoulder.
- The baby cried (cry) when we took her toy away.
- John pinned (pin) the badge onto his jacket.
- Two doctors rushed (rush) into the room.
- This is the house that we lived (live) in when I was younger.
- Grandad lowered (lower) himself into the chair.
- Write was or were in the blank spaces in the following passage.
It was a beautiful summer day and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. Mom, Dad and I were all in the garden. Dad was in the vegetable garden planting some seeds and Mom and I were busy with other jobs. The sun was hot and soon I was feeling very tired. Mom and Dad weren’t tired at all. They went on working for a long time. I was glad when it was time to go inside and have a drink.
- Choose the correct past tense verb in each sentence below.
1. I lost (losed / lost) my watch in the park.
2. Sara hurt (hurt / hurted) his knee when he fell (falled / fell).
3. I kicked the ball hard and it broke(breaked / broke) a window.
4. My new shoes cost(cost / costed) a lot of money.
5. I got(getted / got) this book from the library.
6. We had a garage where we kept(keeped / kept) our car.
7. Asha showed (shew / showed) me the cut on her knee.
8. The glass fell (falled / fell) off the table and broke (breaked / broke).
9. We sold(selled / sold) our old car and bought (buyed / bought) a new one.
10. The bell rang(ringed / rang) and we all went (goed / went) to school.
11. The dog caught (catched / caught) the ball in its mouth.
12. The man knelt (kneeled / knelt) down to talk to the little boy.
13. I met (meeted / met) my friend in the park.
14. Our cat ran (runned / ran) onto the road in front of a car.
15. Nivi wrote (writed / wrote) a letter to her best friend.
Wednesday, 24 November 2010
Answers for Test Your English-2(Simple Past Tense விடைகள்)
இந்த பதிவில் Simple past tense நன்கு புரிவதற்க்காக சில பயிற்ச்சிகளை கொடுத்துள்ளேன்.சந்தேகம் இருப்பின் ஒருமுறை பாடங்களை இங்கு சென்று படித்துக் கொள்ளவும்