Complete the sentences with the simple past tense of the verbs in parentheses.
- The boys________ (whisper) secrets to each other.
- Uncle Ben ________ (hurry) to catch his bus.
- We________ (return) our books to the library.
- She ________ (kiss) the frog and it ________ (change) into a prince.
- Someone ________ (tap) me on the shoulder.
- The baby ________ (cry) when we took her toy away.
- John ________ (pin) the badge onto his jacket.
- Two doctors ________ (rush) into the room.
- This is the house that we ________ (live) in when I was younger.
- Grandad ________ (lower) himself into the chair.
- Write was or were in the blank spaces in the following passage.
It ________ a beautiful summer’s day and there ________ n’t a cloud in the sky. Mom, Dad and I ________all in the garden. Dad ________ in the vegetable garden planting some seeds and Mom and I ________ busy with other jobs. The sun ________ hot and soon I ________feeling very tired. Mom and Dad ________n’t tired at all. They went on working for a long time. I ________glad when it ________ time to go inside and have a drink.
- Choose the correct past tense verb in each sentence below.
1. I ________ (losed / lost) my watch in the park.
2. Sara ________ (hurt / hurted) his knee when he (falled / fell).
3. I kicked the ball hard and it ________(breaked / broke) a window.
4. My new shoes ________(cost / costed) a lot of money.
5. I ________(getted / got) this book from the library.
6. We had a garage where we ________(keeped / kept) our car.
7. Asha ________ (shew / showed) me the cut on his knee.
8. The glass ________ (falled / fell) off the table and (breaked / broke).
9. We ________(selled / sold) our old car and (buyed / bought) a new one.
10. The bell ________(ringed / rang) and we all (goed / went) into school.
11. The dog ________ (catched / caught) the ball in its mouth.
12. The man ________ (kneeled / knelt) down to talk to the little boy.
13. I ________ (meeted / met) my friend in the park.
14. Our cat ________(runned / ran) onto the road in front of a car.
15. Nivi ________ (writed / wrote) a letter to her best friend.
Sunday, 21 November 2010
Test your English-2(Simple Past Tense கேள்விகள்)
இந்த பதிவில் Simple past tense நன்கு புரிவதற்க்காக சில பயிற்ச்சிகளை கொடுத்துள்ளேன்.சந்தேகம் இருப்பின் ஒருமுறை பாடங்களை இங்கு சென்று படித்துக் கொள்ளவும்